“One for All, All for One!”
Jason S. West, PM
Jason S. West, PM
As a Past Master, I am very positive when it comes to Freemasonry. I believe in inspiring others with the positive teachings within our great Craft. I have seen an increase in negative thoughts of other Master Masons in reference to their Lodges. I have come to a realization that some of these experiences are hurting the very institution that so many of us love.
I am on board with positive changes in a Lodge. I believe that it is crucial to the growth, development, and culture of a Lodge. However, Lodge Leadership should be careful not to take on everything for themselves while alienating newer members and Past Masters. Many Lodges are losing members due to this situation.
All members have talents and gifts that can benefit Masonry and your Lodge. Get to know your Brothers. Find out what they have to contribute and involve them. Masons that are involved and feel a part of the Lodge family will attend meeting and events. Involve EAs, FCs, and new MMs in tasks that will help them to learn.
Involve Past Masters. Some Past Masters may feel less involved after their year as Master is completed. Keep them involved in programs that they started or were working on. Make them feel welcomed and useful.
These are just some simple solutions to maintaining membership among the Brethren in our Lodges. There are many other solutions and ideas. Many talk about new membership. However, we need to focus on maintaining current membership in keeping the valuable members of our great Fraternity.
“Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno!”
“One for all, all for one!”

No comments:
Post a Comment